Tuesday 30 July 2013

Summer Seaglass Mason Jar Lighting..

Hey! So you know when you have one of those days where everything bugs you, and you need a change, or you feel like you may jump out of your own skin. Today I had one of those days. I started a few project's, moved a few pieces of furniture around, but mainly just made a bigger mess of things.But I did get around to changing the lighting on the front and back porches, you all know my love for Mason Jar's , So this little project will not surprise many of you, and you probably have seen it around pinterest before, but I added my own little spin on this classic-( Seaglass mason jar lighting,) it's a really fun look for summer and perfect for me! because I've been using a lot of aqua in my summer decor this year.
 So this is what I started with, and I do like it but wanted something with a little more BLING for summer. I need to get one of those pretty vintage bulbs, dont worry! I'm on it...

 Then I thought, hey why not go with the seaglass mason jar you made a while back, so glad I did, it really pulled together the look for my back patio this year..
 But I did'n't stop there, I moved right on to the front porch adding a lace covered mason jar I made earlier in the spring, this switch was super easy to do. I just used the existing light fixtures on both porches. Just remove the little screw, switch out your jars, and secure your mason jar with the screw.
For the How to's on how I made the seaglass jar and the lace jar cheak out these links
 Lace covered mason jar
DIY SEAGLASS Tip......I did change up the seaglass a bit- by painting the inside of the jar instead of the outside- so it would hold up to the elements a little better
I'm really happy with my new lights, and just think of all the possibilities so exciting :))
Stay chic  Xo Elle
Partying with
white lace cottage
savvy southern style
Timewashed
City Farmhouse
French Country Cottage
the shabby creek cottage
fabulously creative Friday

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the sea glass and lace one too! Pinned:) I posted DIY Doily Jacket this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this and I have those same lights! I never even thought of using a mason jar, genius! I'm getting ready to redo my front porch, this is perfect!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to give you a great big kiss on the cheek! We're looking at a new back porch in the very near future and my husband and I were discussing replacing the light fixtures on the front and back. I just might go with this Mason Jar idea. It would be right for my farmhouse cottage look I am working towards! You are a GENIUS, a Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I never would have thought of doing anything like this. I'd love for you to link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-diyers-and-my-new-rug.html

    ReplyDelete